Al-Nahrain Handling 250 Garbage Vehicles in Iraq
18th July 2017
Iraq Al-Nahrain for Transportation and Marine Services have been managing an ongoing project for the Ministry of Housing, Constructions and Public Work (M.H.C.P.W.).
The project is a governmental contract between Iraq and Japan to provide the M.H.C.P.W. with 250 garbage vehicles, received in multiple lots and to be delivered to several different Governorates in Iraq. The first stage of the project has been completed with 66 vehicles delivered from Umm Qasr Port to 2 Governorates - Salah Aldeen & Diyala. The next stages of the project will follow in accordance with the terms of the contract.
Ragheb S. Banat (Al Nahrain Director of Operation & Logistics Services): "We are pleased to be handling this important long-term project assigned to us by one of our main clients which has positively affected and consolidated business relations between our companies".
Please click below for photos. The full scope of work included:
- Handling the vehicles from the vessel to the port storage yard;
- Completing all port & customs clearance formalities and issued customs declarations;
- Cargo inspection by customs committee;
- Completing the required registration & obtaining approvals for exemption letters;
- Loading vehicles onto suitable low-bed trailers and applying proper & safe lashing;
- Transport to the final destinations escorted by patrol vehicles for safety purposes;
- Arranging delivery of the vehicles with safe unloading at the final destinations & official documented handing over by signing P.O.D.