First Global Logistics with Project for the Oil & Gas Industry
1st February 2018
First Global Logistics are delighted to share their recent and continued work for the oil & gas industry in the Middle East area as exampled by the following case.
A core client of First Global Logistics is one the main contractors for providing engineering materials and supplies for Petrofac Co. (an international oil & gas service provider) as the main EPC contractor for Kuwait Oil Company's (KOC) Lower Fars Heavy Oil Project in Kuwait.
- Land transport of 44 pieces of air cooling units, chemical filtrations and duct heaters for a full HVAC system from Amman in Jordan to the oil site in Kuwait.
- The units had oversized dimensions of 3.00 x 2.50 x 3.45m and weighed 5tns each with a total volume of 1,140cbm.
- The cargo was required to be delivered very urgently to arrive at the site within 10 days to prevent any downtime in work.
First Global Logistics Work
- An immediate and effective land transport solution of 10 extendable low trailers at 15m in length was provided to carry the whole 1,140cbm shipment.
- The security included in the proposal in the type of trucks (extendable trailers with folded steel curtains for easy loading due to cargo dimensions) and the immediate action to deliver the cargo 5 days before its due date secured this business for First Global Logistics against their competitors.
- A full DDP scope of work including lashing and securing cargo on trucks, border work, full paperwork and customs, handling, unloading at the site in Kuwait and insurance.
- Offloading at site by hired mobile crane.
- All handling and operations for this cross-trade business was handled and controlled from the First Global Logistics operations team in Egypt and physically through their teams in both countries.
The job was performed perfectly and the cargo arrived on site safely and well in time - please see below for photos of the operations. First Global Logistics (PCN members in Egypt since 2012) are now looking to secure the whole project transport business ongoing until May 2019.