Muscat International Shipping complete Masirah Oman Powerplant project
20th July 2015
Muscat International Shipping & Logistics has successfully completed a project by road and sea for the Masirah Oman Powerplant by transporting 7 x Diesel Generators with the dimensions of L-13mtr x W-3.7mtr x H-4.4mtr and weighing 140ton.
The scope of work included:
- Receive the 7x8MW Wartsila Gensets direct from vessel, move and store it on Stool & Beams at port Storage area.
- Load the 7x8MW Wartsila Gensets from storage area on the Multi Axle Trailers.
- Transportation of all Auxiliaries for 7x8MW Wartsila Gensets either from Duqm Port to Masirah Site including ferry transportation from Shannah to Masirah.
- Unload the 7x8MW Wartsila Gensets at Masirah port, store it on Stool & Beams if required and transport the same to Masirah Site.
- Unload the 7x8MW Wartsila Gensets from Trailer, move it to the foundation and install on foundation by Jacking& Skidding at Masirah Project Site.
Photographs of the project can be seen in the gallery below: