Polaris Delivers Soil Compactors from India to the UAE
19th December 2019
Polaris Shipping Agencies (members in the UAE) have recently moved new and unused soil compactors from Gujarat in India to the receivers yard in Jebel Ali.
The Polaris projects division were awarded the door-to-door movement of around 80 soil compactors, completed in 10 lots from the suppliers in Gujarat to the receiver at Jebel Ali. The first lot of 8 units plus their accessories has been successfully shipped on MV. Hoegh Kunsan from Mumbai Port.
Their scope of work included:
- Coordination with the suppliers for the correct documentation, preparing cargo readiness & pick up;
- Route survey & road adjustments on the access from the suppliers;
- Pre-carriage from the suppliers yard in Jagudan (Gujarat) to the Port of Mumbai;
- Complete customs formalities;
- Preparation of CFO, commercial invoice & packing list;
- Ocean freight from Mumbai to Jebel Ali;
- Completion of all inward formalities at Jebel Ali & the door delivery to the receivers site.
Manager of Business Development and Client Relations at Polaris, Rajesh Damodaran explains; "The challenge for this shipment was the competitive freight level demanded by our client as they had been offered ocean freight directly by carriers and so we had to match the same with no margins to Polaris. However, as our client knew the service levels of Polaris, they decided to award the us the shipment with additional management fees for the smooth handling of the time bound project delivery."
"Polaris Shipping Agencies have been in business since 1992 and is a leading agency and project logistics company in the UAE, offering diversified services to an established and global customer base. Polaris represents several reputed European heavy lift carriers as port agents in the Middle East and Persian Gulf ports, giving our partners and customers the convenience of dealing with a single point of contact. The experienced project team at Polaris offer dedicated account management and listen to each client's needs and requirements carefully for tailor-made solutions. If you would like to find out more about our services, please contact Mr. Rajesh Damodaran (BDM) on firstname.lastname@example.org / + 971 4 8832586."