Wilhelmsen Complete Movement of Mobile Drilling Unit from Bahrain to Oman
2nd November 2016
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) has recently completed the movement of a Mobile Drilling Derrick from Bahrain to Oman.
The mobile drilling unit measured 19.81 x 3.70 x 4.35m and weighed 54tns. WSS handled the door-to-door movement from the shipper's yard in Bahrain to the final destination in Sohar, Oman. The shipment was booked on a RORO vessel from Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP) in Bahrain to Sohar Port with transhipment at Jebel Ali Port, UAE.
The scope of work included:
- Permissions including police escorts at Bahrain & Sohar for road movements
- Customs clearance & port handling at KBSP Port & Sohar Port
- Sea freight from KBSP to Sohar
- Vehicle initial registration with Royal Oman Police at Sohar Port
- Transportation of the unit via heavy low-bed trailer from Sohar Port to the delivery site
Niju Joseph John (WSS Sales Manager) concludes; "Extensive coordination with the carrier's different offices as well as vessel agents at the transhipment point and final port of discharge was required to ensure that the cargo was safely and successfully shipped and delivered at the final site."