WSS Handles Government-Owned MHE at UAE
18th August 2017
Wilhelmsen Ships Service, PCN Members in the UAE, Senegal and Oman, have recently handled the movement of 14 RORO units and 5 x 20ft SOC to the Air Base in Abu Dhabi.
The scope of work included:
- Liaising with Consulate General Offices in Abu Dhabi for UAE Ministries for NOC to move the cargo & to provide police escort.
- Further liaising with RORO carrier & Jebel Ali Port for firm arrival details.
- Receiving cargo at Jebel Ali Port.
- Processed port handling, import customs clearance, customs inspection & CID clearance.
- Arranged gate pass at the Air Base in Abu Dhabi for the low-bed & flat-bed trailers.
- Arranged loading, securing, lashing & tarping of units on trailers.
- Liaising with Port security division for escort for Port movement.
- Transport to Air Base in Abu Dhabi & offloading the units & containers.
WSS ensured proper coordination between all parties & for timely delivery of the shipment.